Blue Nile Jewelry
: Blue Nile offers the highest-quality certified diamonds and fine jewelry at outstanding prices. Over 80,000 couples have chosen to get engaged with a Blue Nile diamond
. 30-Day Returns and Free Shipping on every order. Loose Diamonds, Engagement Rings, Wedding & Anniversary Rings, Earrings, Necklaces & Pendants, Watches ... and more! Buying jewelry at Blue Nile
is so easy!
Blue Nile Pearl Jewelry
: The pearls in Blue Nile Akoya cultured pearl jewelry must have high to medium luster, and they must be mostly round in shape, with smooth surfaces and no noticeable blemishes. Since color and size are the most important features of Tahitian cultured pearls, Blue Nile pearls feature high to medium luster, they must be mostly round in shape, and have smooth to lightly spotted surface markings. Even Blue Nile
Freshwater cultured pearl jewelry features white pearls with high to medium luster, round to slightly off-round, good uniformity, and smooth to lightly spotted surface markings.
The GIA and AGSL are the two most widely respected authorities on diamonds, so Blue Nile
only offers diamonds with grading reports from these laboratories. The GIA (Gemological Institute of America) set the standard for diamond grading and gemological identification, and their grading system serves as the international gem and jewelry industry's benchmark credentials. This report describes the following:
- Shape and Cutting Style - The diamond shape and cutting style.
- Measurement - The diamond dimensions in millimeters.
- Weight - Weight of diamond listed to the nearest hundredth of a carat.
- Depth - Depth (for round diamonds) and/or width (for fancy shapes) relative to diameter.
- Table - Table facet (for round diamonds) and/or width (for fancy shapes) relative to diameter.
- Girdle - Range of girdle thickness.
- Culet - Appearance of culet facet.
- Finish - Grades of polish and symmetry.
- Clarity - Clarity grade determined under 10x magnification.
- Clarity Plot - A map of the approximate size, type, and position of inclusions as viewed under a microscope.
- Color - Grade of color.
- Fluorescence - Color, and strength of color when diamond is viewed under UV light.
- Comments - Description of additional diamond characteristics not mentioned in the report.