quality standards are among the highest of all jewelers. At Blue Nile, shopping is risk-free because you've come directly to the finest loose diamonds and jewelry available. Blue Nile
use only the finest materials to create jewelry with exceptional craftsmanship.
diamond and jewelry consultants have years of experience, and they don't work on commission. They're ready to provide answers to all your questions and help you find the path to the perfect gift or the right diamond. Your purchase is secure, whether by phone or online. Blue Nile
orders are shipped free via FedEx and are insured to your doorstep. Blue Nile
diamond and jewelry consultants are ready to answer any questions, and help you find the perfect diamond or gift of fine jewelry!
The GIA and AGSL are the two most widely respected authorities on diamonds, so Blue Nile
only offers diamonds with grading reports from these laboratories. The GIA (Gemological Institute of America) set the standard for diamond grading and gemological identification, and their grading system serves as the international gem and jewelry industry's benchmark credentials. This report describes the following:
- Shape and Cutting Style - The diamond shape and cutting style.
- Measurement - The diamond dimensions in millimeters.
- Weight - Weight of diamond listed to the nearest hundredth of a carat.
- Depth - Depth (for round diamonds) and/or width (for fancy shapes) relative to diameter.
- Table - Table facet (for round diamonds) and/or width (for fancy shapes) relative to diameter.
- Girdle - Range of girdle thickness.
- Culet - Appearance of culet facet.
- Finish - Grades of polish and symmetry.
- Clarity - Clarity grade determined under 10x magnification.
- Clarity Plot - A map of the approximate size, type, and position of inclusions as viewed under a microscope.
- Color - Grade of color.
- Fluorescence - Color, and strength of color when diamond is viewed under UV light.
- Comments - Description of additional diamond characteristics not mentioned in the report.